Reflectoquant® Chlorine Test, Catalog No. 16896/1
Chlorine oxidizes an organic compound forming a
violet dye, the concentration of which is determined
2. Measuring Range and Number of Determinations
||Number of Determinations
|0.5 - 10.0mg/l Cl2
1) for measurement of concentrations
> 10.0 mg/l Cl2 see section 6
This test measures only free, active chlorine.
4. Influence of Foreign Substances
This was checked - in the case of interfering
ions up to concentrations of 1,000mg/l - in solutions containing 5
mg/l Cl2. The concentrations of foreign substances given
in the table lie below the limit at which the determination is
Concentrations of Foreign Substances in mg/l or %
5. Reagents and Auxiliaries
The analytical test strips are stable at
least up to the date stated on the pack when stored in the closed tube
at +2 to +8°C.
Tube containing 50 analytical test strips
Bar code strip
1 bottle of reagent Cl2–1
1 bottle of reagent Ca–2
1 test vessel
EM Quant® Chlorine Test, Cat.
No. 10043, measuring range 4-120mg/l Cl2
pH indicator strips non-bleeding, Universal indicator pH 0-14 Cat. No. 9590
Titristar® Sodium hydroxide solution 1 mol/l Cat. No. SX0607H
Titristar® Hydrochloric acid 1 mol/l, Cat. No. HX0603D
- Check whether the chlorine content is within the measuring range
Use the EM Quant® Chlorine Test as a
guide. Samples containing more than 10mg/l Cl2 must be
diluted with distilled water.
- The pH must be within the range 5-10.
Check with Universal Indicator Strips. If pH is
lower than 5, add sodium hydroxide solution dropwise; if greater than
10, add hydrochloric acid dropwise.
- Observe the instructions for the RQflex
The following applies to the Chlorine Test:
Measurement procedure A. Stored reaction
time: 15 sec.
- Rinse the test vessel several times with the
pretreated sample solution (15-30°), then fill to the 10-ml
- Add 5 drops of reagent Cl2–1
- Remove 1 analytical test strip and immediately
reclose the tube.
- Press START button on reflectometer and –
this is imperative – at the same time immerse both reaction
zones of the test strip in the measurement solution for approx. 2
- Vigorously shake off excess liquid from the
- As soon as the beeper sounds (5 sec. before
end of reaction time), insert the test strip all the way into the
strip adapter with the reaction zones facing the display.
- Read off the result from the display in mg/l
Cl2. The result is automatically stored.